Thursday, February 3, 2011

33 days until new life: Letter #8

33 days until we get to meet our little bundle of joy: a true gift from God. Baby Girl Newton, you’re such a blessing to Daddy and I, and we love you so much already. I’m writing a letter to you everyday until you make your grand entrance. Letter #8:


Dear Baby Girl,

This is my last week of working part-time as a swim coach until you arrive. You gave me and the other swimmers quite a laugh a couple weeks ago at morning practice. I was describing the last set on the workout to a few swimmers, which was a kick set. I said, “okay, 6 X 100 Kick on 2:00, odds are dolphin kick and evens are flutter – have fun!” And as soon as I finished saying this, you started kicking in my tummy! It was funny because you hadn’t kicked or moved much at all during the previous hour of swim practice. Everyone I told this story to said the same thing – “Oh, she’s gonna be a swimmer!” Which, to be honest, makes me smile. I mean, I don’t really know if you’ll enjoy swimming or if you’ll be gifted in athletics, but I hope you will be! Even if you are not really into playing sports or being active, I will love you regardless.

I have been coaching DAMA since the middle of November last year. I knew this would be a temporary coaching job since I am pregnant with you. After you are born, I will be staying home with you and taking care of you full-time. I don’t know what the future holds, but I might go back to coaching, and if I do, it will be in a very part-time capacity. I would have to make sure that Daddy can stay home with you if I am out coaching for a couple of hours. So I may be able to just coach on Saturday mornings, from 8-10am. But like I said, I don’t know what God has planned for us. We will just have to wait and see.

The only thing I know is that you will be more important to me than any job could ever be. I love working as a swim coach and I know God has blessed me with the perfect skills needed to be a great coach! But I also know that God has blessed us with you and that taking care of my family is more important than going to work for selfish reasons. Plus, my duties as a Mommy, to teach and train you up in the ways of the Lord, to love you and nurture your growth in all areas of life – are more special and longer lasting than teaching newer swimmers technique or giving the advanced swimmers a hard workout.

Well, it’s time for bed. I have to wake up at 5:40am to get ready for swim practice!

Love you bunches!
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment