Monday, January 31, 2011

34 days until new life: Letter #7

34 days until we get to meet our little bundle of joy: a true gift from God. Baby Girl Newton, you’re such a blessing to Daddy and I, and we love you so much already. I’m writing a letter to you everyday until you make your grand entrance. Letter #7:

Dear Baby Girl,

I received a package in the mail today from Daddy’s cousins who live in Maine. It was filled with all kinds of goodies, mostly for you! His cousins are named Mike and Tamara, and they have 2 kids (1 boy and 1 girl). The little girl’s name is Caylie and the little boy’s name is Chase. Mike and Tamara use cloth diapers, which is what I’m planning on using on you. I don’t know much about cloth diapers yet, but I’m learning. So in the package they sent, it has 5 cloth diapers with inserts and 2 G-diapers with a bunch of flushable inserts. They sent these to me so that I can try them out on you! I have to find the right brand of diaper that works best for you before I order a bunch of them to use on you. That is very nice of them to send us these because cloth diapers are very expensive!

In addition to the diapers, they put in some nice stuff that we can definitely use. Like a waterproof mattress pad for your crib, which is a definite must-have for every baby’s room! And they gave us some Halo Sleep Sacks, which will go over your jammies at nighttime. They make it so that you don’t have to have a blanket on top of you. And the last things they sent were nursing pads, milk baggies, and a sheet protector. Isn’t that a lovely care package from them? Lots of people have been so kind and generous to us since we found out that we are pregnant with you! Like Grandma and Grandpa have bought you a crib, bedding set, a vibrating infant seat and some other odds and ends like clothes and toys. And Grandma Nana bought you your car seat, which will work for you from the time you are born until you turn 5 years old. And Mrs. Dean at church has given us a gently used stroller. There have been other little gifts sent for you, from lots of other people, which has been so nice of them.

Here is a picture of all the stuff that Mike and Tamara sent:


Thank you Mike and Tamara!

I would write more, but it's bedtime and I need my sleep, just like you do!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment