Thursday, February 3, 2011

32 days until new life: Letter #9

32 days until we get to meet our little bundle of joy: a true gift from God. Baby Girl Newton, you’re such a blessing to Daddy and I, and we love you so much already. I’m writing a letter to you everyday until you make your grand entrance. Letter #9:


Dear Baby Girl,

We had a very special guest over to our house tonight for dinner. His name is Aaron and your Daddy and I have known him for about 4 years. He disappeared from our life for a couple of years, but just recently came back to share his wonderful news with us – that he is living a new life and he owes it all to God who helped him out of his struggle with some very bad stuff he was doing. When he told us all of this, I just couldn’t help but cry, of course, happy tears of joy. I hugged him, told him that I was so happy for him and that I would call him sometime to have him over for dinner sometime. So we finally had him over and it was a great night of fellowship with an old friend.

He gave you a Christmas gift, a very thoughtful gift – a package of pink and white “onesies”, an Elmo baby bath towel and a package of pink socks. I can’t wait to put them on you and then have Aaron come over to visit. I’ll ask him to hold you and then take a picture. What will be neat about this picture is that you’ll be the “new life” in flesh, and he will be the picture of “new life” spiritually, which are both gifts of God!

The dinner we all ate was Baked Maple Pork Chops, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and herb focaccia bread. Aaron really enjoyed the dinner, which makes me happy. I love cooking and hearing people say, “Mmmm, this is yummy.” But you know what else makes me really happy? Knowing that you’ll be here (hopefully) in only 32 more days! That’s as many days as I am years old! I will be 32 when you are born, and Daddy will be 39, for a little bit, that is. Daddy will turn 40 on March 28, not too long after you are born. He has already told me that you will be the best early birthday gift he could ever ask for. Isn’t that sweet? I plan on making him a birthday cake that says “Happy Birthday Daddy” instead of what it usually says – “Happy Birthday Rob”.

Hey, you just now started kicking and moving around in my tummy! I think maybe you are excited to be born soon and to meet me and your Daddy!

That’s all for now,
I love you so much!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment