Sunday, February 6, 2011

30 days until new life: Letter #11

30 days until we get to meet our little bundle of joy: a true gift from God. Baby Girl Newton, you’re such a blessing to Daddy and I, and we love you so much already. I’m writing a letter to you everyday until you make your grand entrance. Letter #11:


Dear Baby Girl,

My day started out pretty good. I coached swim practice and then met up with a new friend of mine, Laurie, at Caribou Coffee in Brier Creek. We had a wonderful time talking and getting to know each other. Afterward, I went grocery shopping at BJ’s food club. I had to buy things like peanut butter, dishwasher soap and get Daddy some more lunch snacks. I can’t wait to take you with me after you’re born. I’ll tie you into the wrap or Baby Bjorn (I don’t know which one I’ll get) and we’ll stroll the aisles together. And then when you are older, you can sit in the shopping cart and help me pick out lunch snacks for Daddy!

When I got home from BJ’s, my day began to go south. As soon as I took one step outside of the car, I had extreme pain in my pelvis. Ouch! Then I took a few steps towards the house and I knew something was wrong. It hurt to walk. Every step was painful. I stopped and tried to shake out my legs, thinking that maybe the weight of my pregnant belly was pressing on a nerve that was causing the pain. But it didn’t help. I finished walking to the front door, in pain the whole way. I took a little rest there before I opened the door. As soon as the door opened, I had only 15 seconds to get to the kitchen so I could turn off the house alarm. I barely made it, just in time before the alarm went off! After that, I laid down on the couch and rested for the rest of the night. The only time I got up was to go to the bathroom!

I know this pain will probably go away as soon as I give birth to you. But you know what? I really don’t mind this pain. Sure, it hurts. But it reminds me of the miracle of you growing in my tummy! If I didn’t have pain, I might forget sometimes that I am pregnant with a beautiful baby girl! Well, until you started moving and kicking inside of me, and sometimes tickling me, that is!

Well, that is all for now. I love you and can’t wait to see you and hold you! I know Daddy feels the same way, too!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment