Sunday, January 30, 2011

36 days until new life: Letter #5

36 days until we get to meet our little bundle of joy: a true gift from God. Baby Girl Newton, you’re such a blessing to Daddy and I, and we love you so much already. I’m writing a letter to you everyday until you make your grand entrance. Letter #5:


Dear Baby Girl,

We started doing a little more work today on your bedroom. Transforming it from the “Green Room” to “Baby Girl Newton’s Room” has been quite a task so far! I’ve had to do a lot of cleaning and organizing these past couple of months. There are 2 closets in your room – the big one, which had a lot of junk that just needed to be thrown out – and the small one, which we used as a coat closet. When I cleaned out the big closet, the first step was to take everything out and lay it out on the floor so I could go through everything. Here’s a picture of what your big closet used to look like:



And here is a picture of everything that was in the closet, all laid out and ready to be sorted, thrown away, or stored somewhere else:



You might be thinking, “Wow Mommy, that closet sure was full of lots of junk!” And if you are thinking that, I will completely agree with you! I’m sure by the time you’re reading this letter, your closet will look much different. It will probably be full of “big girl” clothes and shoes, and “big girl” toys!

Daddy started working on the walls of your room today. We went to Home Depot to buy some beadboard which will cover the bottom 4 feet of all the walls in your room. Daddy had to take off the baseboards today and will continue working on installing the new beadboard next weekend. Then we will buy some drywall mud and put it over the rest of the walls, which are green and textured right now. Once that is complete, we will be ready to paint your room! Mocha brown on the beadboard, and a beige/cream color on the top half. I’m excited to see how your room will look when it is all finished.

I can’t wait to snuggle with you in your room while we read bedtime stories and say our prayers together every night. I think this will be my favorite part of the day with you!

Lots of love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment