Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Brownie Delight...13 months post-transplant

Tomorrow will be Rob's 13 month mark since his kidney transplant! The BK is gone and the kidney is doing very well. I think his creatinine is still at a steady level of 1.5, which of course isn't awesome, but it's near awesome, and that's good enough and we are content with everything health wise right now.

Tomorrow is also Thanksgiving. The day that most people make a point to stop and think about what they're thankful for. Food, shelter, job, clothing, etc. While the other 364 days of the year, we're thinking, "I want...I must have...I don't have "x" but I do have "y" but "y" is not cool anymore and "x" is so totally rad..." I think you know what I mean. We all struggle with this sin of feeling like we never have enough and we want more and bigger and better and fancier stuff. But I do try to repent of this in my life. Oh boy, do I struggle! I'm so thankful, everyday, for what God has blessed us with. And one of those things I'm thankful for is Rob's new kidney! What are you thankful for? Leave me a comment here on the blog if you want.

Okay, I have to share this dessert with you! It's called Brownie Delight and I got the recipe from my Mom who found the recipe online.

Gather the few simple ingredients:


Make brownies according to box directions. Let cool. Spread a whole jar of marshmallow fluff on top:


In medium sized separate bowl, add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup butterscotch morsels, 1 cup of peanut butter, and stir. In bigger bowl, add 3 cups of Rice Krispies. Set aside. Put the medium bowl in the microwave for 35 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 30 more seconds until gooey. Pour gooey stuff into the rice krispies and stir up real good:


Finally, spread this yummy goop on top of the brownie-fluff. Then sprinkle a few semi-sweet chocolate chips and some mini marshmallows on top to make it look good. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours before you gobble it up, chow down, devour, feast on, pig out, wolf down, inhale... (choose your favorite way to describe how you will eat it!)



Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving week and enjoying time with family and friends.



Eliza really enjoys craft time (and yes, I'm planning to do this every year!)


And finally, Eliza is obviously hungry for some turkey:


Enjoy your turkey, ham, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie...

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are adorable! You have such cute ideas. Can't wait to see her actually eat some real turkey on Christmas. :) Glad the games went so well and you all had fun. Just grateful that Rob was able to participate, as he is so healthy now, praise God for that. ~ love you.

    ReplyDelete