Sunday, October 9, 2011

Updating this blog more frequently...SOON!

Hello! And we're back...

More than 2 months in between blog posts is sad, I know. I've said this before - "I'm going to blog more and keep you all updated on Rob's kidney and our life more often, I promise!" But then I don't. For whatever reason. Busy with Eliza, busy at work, busy at play, or just finding other things to do besides blogging. The weird thing is is that I really enjoy writing blog posts. And things I enjoy, I usually find the time to do.

Perhaps one reason why I don't blog as much as I'd like to is because I'm on Facebook too much. When I do find free time to reconnect and share things with the world of family and friends, I do it on Facebook. Lately, Facebook has been really low on my list of things to do. When Eliza is napping or off to Sleepyland for the night, I'm usually finishing laundry, straightening up the house or just hanging on the sofa talking to Rob about his day. When I get on Facebook, I'm shutting myself out to interaction with Rob or Eliza. So I'm taking a break from Facebook and I'm going to be keeping family and friends updated on our life happenings here on this blog. I don't know how long I'll be off Facebook, but I do know that I'm looking forward to a little change of pace.

So much has happened in the past 2 months since our last blog post. Most recently Rob participated in the Virginia Transplant Games in Richmond, Virginia. My next blog post will be about that trip. Also, Eliza is growing like one of those foam snakes you put in your sink basin when you were a kid. You'd drop them in and watch them for a few seconds, get bored and then go outside to climb a tree or play kickball in the street. Then you come back inside and check out the snake, wowed by the growth in such a short time. This is exactly how I feel about Eliza lately. Just a few weeks ago, she was fitting perfectly into her 12-18 month sized clothes. And now...not so much. She's definitely in size 18-24 months, and she's not even 7 months old yet! Holy super-grow-snake Batman! What are we feeding this kid?

Time to catch some personal time to myself while Rob tends to Eliza's dinner and playtime. I need some quiet time to read the Bible and maybe take a little nap. I've been extra tired lately because Eliza is waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes more than 1 time. I can't wait until these 2 upper front teeth are all the way out!

I'll leave you with a super cute picture of the 3 of us, taken in Fredericksburg, Virginia at a Cracker Barrel.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that's awesome that Rob could compete and win those medals! I know, I punted on the transplant games. I can share my multiple excuses some other time. :) Please blog more soon! Go blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously she's in 18-24 month clothes? That's the same size that Lane is wearing (at almost-21 months)! Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, she could still wear the 12-18 month if she was in disposable diapers, but with the big cloth diapers, pants are too tight to button! In her chest/arm/tummy area, she can wear a 12-18, but they're still a little on the snug side...so I figure, may as well just put her in the bigger clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete